Understanding the love walk can greatly reduce the stress in your life. Keep reading to find out more...I'm going to give you 3 LIFE KEYS that can change everything.
As we look at the LOVE LIST below from 1 Cor 13 we will evaluate how our love walk is doing. I know I evaluated mine. And to be honest, in the moment I wasn't doing too good in some of them. But I was able to make a great course correction!
1. How to Handle Initial Reactions
You may not be always able to control your initial reaction to something or someone. BUT, you can make a course correction. Once you realize you've gone off track in a reaction, attitude or display of behavior, you CAN get a grip and change.
First, confess to God where you went wrong. Receive His forgiveness and cleansing. Then make a decision to change your attitude, words and actions so they line up with 1 Cor 13:4-8. God will help you with this. Just ask Him.
2. Don't Make an Issue Out of Every Issue
Here's a secret. Don't make an issue out of every issue. You may have legitimate feelings and reasons why you feel offended and upset. But not every issue needs to become a MAJOR issue. Choose to let some things go and realize that at times people won't be what you need them to be or they may behave poorly. Don't let it overcome you and rob your joy and peace. But if you make an issue out of every issue, you will be stressed out and miserable. And you don't want that.
So°this is what you are going to do. Let some things go. Just let them go. Yep°just do it. You will be happier. Life will be better.
3. Learn to Press Pause
This is one of the most valuable things I have ever learned. Don't give an immediate response, especially if you have been triggered. The first thing you need to learn to do is this, do nothing. Say nothing. Text nothing. Email nothing. Let the stress chemicals and hormones clear from your brain. Once you settle, you will be much more equipped to give a thoughtful response and avoid a battle.
OK°here's the LOVE LIST°
- LOVE endures long, is patient and kind.
- LOVE is never envious or jealous.
- LOVE doesn't boast and is not full of self.
- LOVE is never arrogant or inflated with pride.
- LOVE is not rude and doesn't behave badly.
- LOVE is not self-seeking and doesn't insist on it's own way or rights.
- LOVE is not touchy, fretful or resentful.
- LOVE pays no attention to a suffered wrong.
- LOVE rejoices when right and truth prevail.
- LOVE bears up under everything.
- LOVE is ready to believe the best of every person.
- LOVE endures everything without weakening.
- LOVE never fails.
God is LOVE. When we walk in LOVE, we walk in the highest level of Christlikeness, freedom and breakthrough.
Take a moment to take inventory of your love walk today. Let's all choose to go higher!